Friday 22 July 2011

Just about unpacked...


Hello again!! So we have now moved and as the title suggests, are just about there with the unpacking! Things went relatively smoothly all in all, and we are enjoying making the house our own... I just hate the stage where half the stuff is still in boxes lining every room so we've worked hard to sort everything out and I so am pleased to say all the boxes are now gone!

We've been waiting on deliveries of bits and pieces over the last week, including some Ikea furniture for my new studio space which came on Wednesday. Have spent the last two days putting it all together and sorting out my workroom... and I have to say, I just love it!!

I wasn't going to post any pics until I came back from my hols, but I just can't help myself! Excuse the lack of a chair in the photos below... it is currently dismantled and awaiting a spray paint makeover (am thinking red which I think will look fab - boring black just won't cut it in such a colourful room!!)

So.... this is my new studio space.... what do you think?



 

I hope you like it... I LOVE it!! It just feels like such a nice space, one where I can be really creative. You can't really see from the pictures either that there is a lovely big square floorspace in this room. I do a lot of my work on the floor, cutting out fabrics...etc (would it be totally greedy of me to want a cutting table too? Yes... OK, I can make do with the floor instead!) Sigh... so much looking forward to working in here!

(Note the other side of the room at the moment is still a complete tip. Though as it homes all the really ugly but necessary stuff like cardboard boxes, bubblewrap, padded envelopes, all my folders and files, big bolts of fabric, lots more boxed stock etc I'm not sure I will ever really be able to make it truly 'pretty'! Will (maybe) show you some pics of that side once it is a little more organised!)



Anyway, as I said before, I do have a couple more things to sort for this room, like my chair for example... it is just one of those boring plain swivel chairs, but hopefully with a lick of paint and a bit of re-upholstry, it will be good to go. Will show some before and after pics when I get around to it!

Also need to sort the other side of the room. May buy some more of the jumbo storage bags you see in the pictures above... They are amazing, they can hold so much, are super cheap (about £4.00 each with postage) and come in such pretty designs too. In fact, have got another of the duck egg doiley ones in the kitchen - it holds all our recycling instead of having it in those big ugly boxes!)

Right best go, have lots of things to sort out this afternoon, but just before I do, here are some pics of a couple of my seaside-y products in this month's CrossStitcher magazine - the August issue...




Anyway, hope you've all have a good couple of weeks - sorry for my complete abscence visiting your blogs over the last fortnight, have just had so much to do, but will hopefully be able to catch up on what I've missed very soon :) Have a great weekend, hope the sun comes out!

p.s never in a million years will it all stay as tidy as this! Nice to have some photos though to look back on though, haha! x

27 comments:

millefeuilles said...

Hi Jenny, WeLcOmE bAcK!

I love your studio. Pink and blue is my favourite colour combination these days.

What a happy space to create in!

Tamsin Orr said...

Jenny , it looks fabulous. You have every right to be pleased!So neat and tidy! I'd say go for it with regards to the cutting table. I have one in the studio and its great. It gets rid of the need for an ironing board as I iron directly on top of the table( its padded with multiple layers of interlining and lining and store my bolts of fabric on shelves underneath! I love mine!
Wishing you luck and love in your new home.

Helen Philipps said...

Wow Jenny your new work space is gorgeous!! It's lovely to have everything sorted and stacked on nice shelves and the colours are so delicious too. I have some of those big storage bags, aren't they brilliant - practical and pretty too. Love your seaside stitching as well! Have a great weekend enjoying your wonderful homemaking.
Helen x

Pipany said...

hello Jenny. Gorgeous work space! It makes such a huge difference to have a space you feel good in and you have inspired me to tidy mine!! x

Deborah said...

Wow, well done on getting rid of all of the boxes, I know it takes a lot of hard work! your work space is fab, I love it, so ordered and colourful! I already have a large storage bag, they are great aren't they, may have to order some more! good luck with the rest of the house, hope you enjoy your new space.

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

Lovely work space, so organised I'm very jealous. I think I would go for the cutting table if you've got the space, be good to your back.

Anonymous said...

I love your craft space, its so pretty and very organised, mine is a constant mess! Sounds like your very bust good luck with the rest of your move! x

Crafts @ Home said...

Your new room looks gorgeous... very organised... I love the heart bunting, your seaside makes look good too, and it's nice to have you back :)
Sue Xxx

somewhere on the avenue said...

Fab space and very creative, funnily enough my hubby and I are discussing how we can brighten up our study. Its tiny and (as we only moved recently) its a space for (well) rubbish really. The desk is in the wrong place and we could do with more shelving (Ikea!). I was thinking about your cutting table and you may know that Ikea do fold up tables. I use mine for my art. They are attached to the wall and fold down completely when not in use, and they are fairly big and very sturdy (solid wood), from memory I think they are under £25 (bargin!). They look anything but cheap, wev'e also got one in our tiny kitchen, it doubles up as a work top. I will post some pics soon. Love the bunting to, looks so "cosy" xxx

Biba said...

What a gorgeous studio! I'm looking forward to all those yummy creations you'll be crafting in there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, nice to have you back!
Your workspace is gorgeous, I just love the colour of the wall!
I hope you'll be very happy in your new home. :)
Vivienne x

Polly Dolly said...

That is a well cute room, very inspiring. I have about 40 off those jumbo bags in various designs. They are for clients laundry, I refused the day I started the business to use those cheap black and white ones, they are ugly.

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Such a beautiful space Jenny...and so organised lovely friend...I see all kinds of exciting projects being created here!...
Wishing you a lovely weekend,
Susan x

Gem said...

It looks fab Jenny, I would love to spend all my spare time somewhere like this, I am very jealous right now xxxx

Country Rose said...

I lovvvveee your work space, everything looks so lovely and organised. It must be a really lovely place to sit down and get creative, love the way all your fabrics are colour co-ordinated..!

Ashley xxx

Inspiredbyfelix said...

Oh brilliant, I love all the storage space, especially the thread storage which is fab!

buttonboxcards said...

Hi Jenny- welcome back!! It's so exciting when you move house and putting everything in it's place. Your work room looks fab- love the cotton reel storage- so cute!! It looks like a very inspiring space- I'm very jelous!!
Elise xx

The Patchwork Heart said...

Jenny it is fab, I love the red pink turquoise combination, so defo go for red on the chair! You have had such fun I can see organising your fabrics! Enjoy every minute in your heaven!
Heather x

Tugba Kop said...

I love your studio space! It fits your work perfectly and it's so tidy! How is this possible? :)

fee @ chipper nelly said...

hey - glad the move went well, and your space looks gorgeous. My workshop is (was!) half way organised and I've just clicked the 'holiday' button on the shop (love that feeling) so no excuse for me to finish ot off. Must remember to take a photo before I trash it again - I've become a very messy worker!
Enjoy your hols
fee ♥

Anonymous said...

Your studio space looks great - it's exciting to get a fresh boost of creative energy isn't it. Having just spent a weekend making Ikea wardrobes, i do feel your pain.

Tracy Evans Textiles said...

I'm so jealous of your lovely colourful new workspace.......space being the operative word! Oh how I'd love some. I've recently re-jigged my little studio, turning my beast of a loom around to face the garden instead of the from of the house and the light is soooo much better. Can't believe it's taken me 3 years to figure this out! Also have a little more room to move about, which is a bonus, but it still doesn't equal yours. Hope it gives you some more motivation to keep pushing out your gorgeous designs xx

do you mind if i knit said...

What a wonderful creative space, I particularly love the blue wall with the pink bunting, it looks stunning! Vanessa xxx

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

What a completely fabulous place to create! Congrats on your new place. Was fun to pop by your blog today ;-)

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Jenny, I didn't read many posts at this time as it was end of the Summer Term (busy busy busy!). Your new sewing space is utterly gorgeous, I am GREEN with envy. I have pinned it in Pinterest too! X (PS it was a year ago I did my feature on you, where has the time gone????)

Linda said...

Gorgeous studio! I love the heart bunting against the turquoise wall!

blossom accountants said...

nice post thanks for update

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...