Monday 27 June 2011

Star spangled!



I realised yesterday that I haven't posted much about my work in a while (too much crocheting going on to fill my posts instead!) Have been making up stock as and when it's been needed for orders, but a lot of my time over the last few weeks has been taken up with a few new commissions. I've also been adding to my Pingg collection over the last month or two. Pingg is based in the US, so there will be lots of 4th July parties and events being planned in the next couple of weeks...


By the way if you are wondering what Pingg is, as I've explained in some of my previous posts, it is an online invitation and e-card service, which people use when they want to plan parties and events such as weddings, baby showers, birthday parties...etc. I am part of the Pingg Plus scheme, so I have designed a range of invitations for them, and if people want to use them for their event(s), they pay a small fee for each use, of which I then get a share. It's basically a great way of supporting artists and designers, as well as making sure the designs they are offering are of a really high standard. They are always on the lookout for new designers, so if you are interested, you should take a look here...

Anyway, as I was saying, my red, white and blue designs have been really popular over the last few weeks. It is kind of weird designing for the American market, as obviously our national holidays vary quite a bit and it is easy to overlook certain key dates and events over there. (Last year I did absolutely no thanksgiving designs whatsoever, which I know I missed out on - though in my defence this was mainly as I was so busy on the run up to Christmas I didn't have time to do any!)

Other recent designs include...

... beach hut and bunting - for all those beach parties being planned!


...cupcakes - which can be used for all sorts of occasions and events!



...and a few 'Save the Date' wedding-y ones too!

I am always adding to them when I get the time... click here if you would like to see the rest of my collection.


Also, I've been meaning to mention for the last month or so a fab new craft e-magazine called The Craft Tonic. If you haven't heard of it yet, it really is beautifully put together with gorgeous styling - and I am honoured to be featured in the second issue.



If you want to read this interview I did for them, if you click on the pictures they should enlarge enough for you to read the text. Otherwise do go and have a browse through the whole magazine - it's completely free - (all you need to do is create a log-in username etc) and it has some really wonderful articles and features in. This second issue has been out a while though so be quick if you want to catch it, I think issue 3 will be on the way shortly!

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed the sunshine this weekend - it has been a mixed blessing for me as it's meant my hayfever's  flared up again which is really very annoying! Has been very nice to do a little pottering in the garden though and actually be too hot for a change! (Last night was one of only nights this year that my hot water bottle did not make an appearance - it was 26 degrees in the house as we were going to bed so I thought on balance I probably didn't need it!)

Have a great week xxx

11 comments:

fee @ chipper nelly said...

love seeing more of your work jenny - you are SO talented!
Off down to a sweaty workshop!
fee x

Crafts @ Home said...

Gosh, you have been so busy, what an interesting post, I love the stars and stripes :)
Sue Xxx

Anonymous said...

Love your new Pingg work, the one with the stars and stripes bunting is lovely! :)
It was great reading about you and your inspiration and your work was shown off beautifully.
Yay for the sunshine, I love being 'too hot'. :)
Have a good week Jenny,
Vivienne x

Maria - A Playful Stitch said...

Wow - you are amazing Jenny!! I am so impressed by everything you do! I was just reading all that in total awe!!! I love all your designs - especially the cupcakes - yum! :o)

Maria xx

Pipany said...

Golly Jenny, you are going great guns! I love the look of the magazine and will pop over later today. There are such good craft mags coming out now compared to the fuddy ones of old. Sorry to hear of your hayfever - sun has gone again here...yuk! x

Deborah said...

Wow, I love your designs, so pretty and bright! I'm off to check out the e-mag now, can't resist :) hope you are feeling a little better.

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Helen Philipps said...

Your work is really beautiful, Jenny. I love stars and stripes themed things sooo much - maybe because my birthday is the 4 July!? You are super talented as these designs show. I will have a look at the gorgeous e-mag in a moment too. Hope you have a great week and the hayfever disappears...and that there is still no need for a hotwater bottle either!!
Helen x

Becky (Hazel and Blue) said...

Hi Jenny, what beautiful items you make! Fantastic that your July 4th designs are doing well, and congrats for your recent work in the craft magazines. Hard work always pays off! Bx

koralee said...

Such joy over here with all your creating. I love them all...bring on the red white and blue...even though I am from Canada...I have always loved these colours together. Happy new week to you

Polly Dolly said...

I have loved your work for a long time so I was really pleased to find you had a blog. I did not realise how talented you are, well done.

Emma Thomsen said...

4th July really suit your style, they're really fun! And the magazine interview - great stuff! Did you fabric shop until you dropped on Saturday?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...